The Awesome Blogger Award – (created by Maggie )
This is an award for the absolutely wonderful writers all across the blogging world. They have beautiful blogs, are kind and lovely, and always find a way to add happiness and laughter to the lives of their readers. That is what truly defines an awesome blogger.
Thank you, Following Him for nominating me for this beautiful award, I am incredibly honored to receive it.
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Include the reason behind the award.
- Include the banner in your post.
- Tag it under #awesomebloggeraward in the Reader.
- Answer the questions your nominator gave you.
- Nominate at least 5 awesome bloggers.
- Give your nominees 10 new questions to answer.
- Let your nominees know that they’ve been nominated!
1. What is the reason for the name of your blog?
- So, when I started my blog, my dream was to write inspirational pieces, but I didn’t have the courage to do so. My first several blogs were about ways to save money and make life easier (i.e. ‘life-hacks’), so I opted for ‘hackit’ and WordPress added the 812. I’ll probably change it to my name later on, but for now, I like it.
2. How long have you been blogging for?
- I started blogging mid-August 2016, so it’s been eight months.
3. If you could have any one superpower, what would it be?
- I would love to the have the ability to be able to be a shape-shifter (can’t tell I love fantasy, huh?) I think it would be so cool to shift into whatever wanted to. Imagine shifting into a bug and flying away if a situation gets sticky!!
4. What is the most beautiful place you have been to?
- I don’t know the exact location, but the most beautiful place I have ever been is a little tiny hiking trail/rest-area on one of the scenic roads near Spearfish S.D. I wish I could upload a photo, but I can’t. The road ran along a river, and you could park and walk the several hundred yards to the river bank, and on the other side of the road, it was nothing but sandy brown cliffs that rose hundreds of feet into the air, giving everything a quiet, private feeling. We found a secluded spot that boasted of a small pond that had a miniature water fall feeding into it. It was surrounded by birch and oak, and all sorts of gorgeous green vegetation, and it was evening time, so the sun hit everything just right, turning the clear water into the palest seafoam green I have ever seen. It was incredibly peaceful and soothing, and out of all of the wonderful places I have traveled too, including the Bad Lands, and Crater Lake, this is the one place I want to go back to.
5. Do you have a favorite song or one that you listen to on repeat often?
- My favorite song is one I was introduced to last December at a concert. It is ‘Drops In The Ocean’ and it’s by a Christian band called Hawk Nelson. I listen to it all the time, and I sang it word for word when I saw the band again last month. It’s so powerful and full of God’s love, and it speaks to me every time, reminding me just how much He cares for me. Youtube
6. If a genie gave you three wishes, what would you use them for?
- Selfishly, my first wish would be to be magically transported to L.A. with all my things, and an apartment already furnished and ready to live in.
- My second wish would that a cure for cancer would be found. Cancer has been playing a rather big and unwanted role in my family’s life lately, and I long to see a cure found for it.
- My last wish would be for this generation to wake up and turn back to God.
7. Extrovert, introvert, or somewhere in between?
- INTROVERT!!! I love my friends and family, but I truly prefer to be alone. After hanging out with people for a few hours, I need a whole day to recharge. I get along quite well with myself, and a fun evening for me is popcorn and a good book.
8. Favorite book?
- I have to change this one a bit, as I actually have three. They are Inkheart, Inkspell, and Inkdeath, a trilogy that not only made me cry when I finished it, but also inspired me to write fantasy. If you’ve never read them, (the author is Cornelia Funke) WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!?
9. A walk through the city or a stroll through nature?
- This is a tough one. I love both, but I think I’ll have to go with nature. I love hiking, I love the solitude that comes with getting away from a busy city, the peace and tranquility that fills my heart, and I feel closest to God when I am surrounded by His work.
10. Share one of your favorite posts that you’ve written and why it means a lot to you.
- My favorite post is When I Look At You . I wrote it back in October, and it means several things to me. For one, I hope to be as encouraging in real life as I am in that post, to each and every person around me. Number two is that I hope I can be what I described in the blog, and number three is that to this day, it’s the truest thing I have ever written.
Laura – a lifestyle, health, and beauty blogger (and lots of other things) she is quickly becoming one of my favorite bloggers.
geminilv – a blog that is full of encouragement and tells it like is, along with tons of good advice. She’s real, and doesn’t beat around the bush.
TheOriginalPhoenix – She blogs some AMAZING things about meditation, mental health, loving yourself, writing, and more.
Karen – So much encouragement! Her 60 day positivity reset has been so awesome to follow along with.
- Why did you start writing? (as in, what made you realize you were meant to be a writer)
- Who is your favorite author?
- If you had every single person’s attention, in the whole world, what would you say?
- Dream vacation destination?
- Sunrise or sunset?
- What is the worst place you have eaten at, and why?
- What was your first job?
- What character holds a special place in your heart?
- What is your favorite season?
- Can you describe your voice?
Absolutely no pressure to participate, but if you do, let me know!